Site Copyright, Legal
and Privacy Statements
If you do not agree to be bound by these conditions, please do not continue to view these pages.
The content of this site is protected by copyright
No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without express written consent.
The content and images found on this site (www.sherylmcfarlane.ca and www.waitingforthewhales.ca) are copyright © by Sheryl McFarlane or are used with permission. All rights are reserved.
For permission to distribute copies of this site in any format, electronic or otherwise, send an e-mail to with "Copyright Permission" in the subject line. Please include the following information:
- The exact portion(s) of the site that you wish to copy and the intended use of those materials.
- The number of copies that will be created and their distribution.
- Your timeline for the use of these materials. (We do not guarantee that approval will be given, nor that it will meet your deadlines).
- Other material that will be associated with Sheryl McFarlane's information.
- Your name, title, company or organization, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- This Web site, the domain names "sherylmcfarlane.ca" and "waitingforthewhales.ca" are owned and funded by Sheryl McFarlane.
- The design and layout markup used for this Web site is owned by Russ Harvey and licensed to the site owner. This layout may not be used without permission.
- The "whale" bullets are created from an original piece of art by Katie Hewitt. Used with permission.
- The various images of the dog are the illustrations from This is the Dog by Chrissie Wysotski.
- The image of the pod of orcas used in the Orca Activity is an illustration from A Pod of Orcas by Kirsti Anne Wakelin.
- The photos on this site are owned by Sheryl McFarlane or are used with permission.
- All other trademarks, company names or logos used on this site are the property of their respective owners.
- The content of this site is intended for individual use in obtaining information about Sheryl McFarlane and the books she has authored.
- While you may view the content of this site from anywhere in the world, this site is located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada and is subject to the laws of Canada effective in the Province of British Columbia, particularly pertaining to what is acceptable content.
- You may print one copy of the pages of this site for your personal use.
- The activities, bookmarks and other materials provided on this site for kids may be downloaded for personal use or for use in school classrooms and libraries.
- Printing more than one copy in any format (electronic or otherwise) constitutes commercial use and requires a license.
Linking to this Site
- You may link to the pages on this site from your own site or document.
- You may not link to the images on this site.
- Such a link is theft of services (bandwidth).
- You must first obtain written permission to use those images.
- The appropriate images will then be provided for you to store on your server.
Use of E-mail Addresses
- You may not cull e-mail addresses on this site for the purposes of generating unsolicited message traffic (generally known as spam) to those addresses.
- Addresses are provided only as a convenience in contacting Sheryl McFarlane for the purpose of conducting business or as otherwise specified on this Website.
- Spam does not constitute such business.
- Infractions may result in legal action or other measures to remove your ability to abuse the resources on this site.
Reliability of Information
The provision of dates and other specific information on this site does not form a contract with the viewer.
- Information is kept as current and accurate as possible, but you should verify any specifics that are important to you.
- Information on this site may be added or removed without notice.
- Sheryl McFarlane has no control over the content or availability of the pages which are linked from outside this site.
- The provision of a link does not necessarily endorse the content of that site, but is provided for your convenience.
The following conditions are true for the contents of this site regarding privacy issues.
Collection of Information
- This site does not collect information using cookies or other information-gathering tools other than those made available by our Internet Service Provider, which are general in nature.
- We subscribe to the terms and conditions laid out by our ISP which prohibit the use of spam or other such invasive activities.
- Because this site is aimed at children as well as teachers, librarians and parents, we are careful to warn children not to send identifiable information and to request permission of their parent or teacher first.
- We suggest adult supervision while children are using the Internet. There is more information at ICRA's Top Tips for Kids
- This site uses ICRA (Internet Content Rating Association) to ensure content is safe for all viewers (including children).
Use of E-mail Addresses
We reserve the right to use your e-mail address to correspond with you to the extend required to answer questions e-mailed to this site or to the various companies with whom we represent in order answer questions posed in such correspondence.
- Such requests will constitute permission to contact you.
- Your name and e-mail address will not be sold.
- Warning: You do not have permission to copy e-mail addresses on this site for the purpose of bulk unsolicited mailings (spam).
Skip Navigation :: YA Novels :: Picture Books :: Order My Books :: From My Stories :: My Blogs ::
:: Author Visits :: About Sheryl :: Contact Sheryl :: My Photos ::
:: Kid's Corner :: Teacher's Tools :: Media Resources
Updated: July 29, 2011